Cardiac Rehabilitation at Jefferson County Health Center
When it comes to cardiac rehabilitation, Jefferson County Health Center is where our Rehabilitation Team offers a wide range of education, exercise and support programs that can help you gradually increase your physical activity in order to return to normal activities. Our staff understands the toll heart disease can take on you and those close to you. Throughout your hospital stay and after, we offer the compassion and expertise you and your family need to rebuild your lives. Our help is just around the corner.
- Identify individual coronary risk factors
- Develop and maintain an individualized lifestyle and risk factor modification program
- Improve your strength for activities important to the quality of your life
Family members are encouraged to participate in all aspects of your rehabilitation.
Individual education and classroom instruction in the following areas:
- Therapeutic cardiac monitored or supervised exercise
- Understanding heart disease
- Coronary risk factors
- Nutritional education and counseling
- Stress management and relaxation
- Other therapeutic strategies and options
- Social and emotional counseling
- Smoking cessation
Phase II of your rehabilitation begins after you are discharged from the hospital.
- Rehabilitation sessions are available Monday through Friday.
- Team members will work with you during closely monitored exercise (like walking, cycling and arm exercises).
- The one-hour session is divided into cardiac monitored exercise and education classes.
- Team members will collaborate with your physician to direct your care.
- Our team will assist you in setting goals and guiding you toward a healthier lifestyle.
- Staff members will help plan an exercise program for you to follow at home.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Team
- Medical Director
- Your Physicians
- Registered Nurses
- Cardiopulmonary Specialists
- Registered Dietitian
- Clinical Pharmacist
To enroll in the program you must:
- Be diagnosed with heart disease
- Have a physician referral
- Have recent cardiac related tests
- Interview with a cardiac rehabilitation staff member
All or a portion of the cardiac rehabilitation programs may be covered by your insurance carrier. We will assist you in this process.
For more information, please call Cardiac Rehabilitation at 641-469-4292 or Sherri Brumbaugh, RN, Cardiac Rehab.